Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Ciao

Ah, another all nighter as I wait and count down to my red eye flight to Naples... One day, I won't be seduced by the £20 saving and will book flights at a reasonable time of the day. As it is, I take off from Stansted at 7am tomorrow morning, meaning a most unfriendly 3am start from home. I'm booked on the 4.20am coach from Victoria, ordinarily not over an hour away but thanks to the inconsistencies and general scarcity of night buses round these parts I need to give myself more than enough time to get there... So, it's leave at 2.57, get to Brixton at around 3.07, then hope that an N2 appears some time between then and 3.40 to whisk me the four or five miles further up the road. I love hanging out, sober, in Brixton at 3am on my own.

It'll all be worth it though when I get there - got a text from J (who went over this morning) to say she was sitting on our hostel's roof terrace, drinking a Peroni and looking out at the view over Vesuvius and the city. Sounds rather appealing.

I'm really enjoying the fact that I don't have to go to work tomorrow - the bank holiday was good fun, with our BBQ going off relatively hitch free. Place looked like a bloody bomb site when I got up on Sunday morning but J and I got stuck in and managed to get it cleaner than it had been previously within a couple of hours. Everyone seems to have had a good time, and the weather was brilliant - well, apart from the couple of short lived thunderstorms, obviously. Drunkenness and singing along to Queen ensued - becoming an all too regular occasion now that the majority of us are over 30. It can only be a matter of time before we start protesting that we used to be "cool" and "with it" to younger, trendier kids - before having it pointed out to us that our very use of those words completely defeats our argument.

Anyway, off for another caffeine fix - have gorged on cheap pizza and tesco own brand coffee in preparation for my visit to the home (literal/spiritual) of the stuff.

Have a nice week folks - will be back with some stories and ten thousand photos before your working week is through

No comments:

Post a Comment