Thursday, January 20, 2011

Back! By popular demand...

Inspired by the fact that one of my 3 readers left a comment on the last post, combined with a nostalgic trawl through previous comments as I attempted to remove the spam that has been afflicting my little corner of the internet of late, I'm gonna get back on the virtual horse (blog) and start riding (writing) again.

I've wanted to wax semi-literately in more depth about the trip for months, and that will form the basis of my inspiration over the coming weeks. 35 days with a post devoted to each may not make for enthralling reading for anyone else, but it will give me an opportunity to record what memories remain for posterity.

It will also help get my creative juices (tears) flowing as I find it bloody difficult to write anything without decent subject matter - not for me the world of the tabloid hack. Potentially, given "changing rally-gate" that kicked off in the spring, it might also give people thinking of doing the rally a flavour of what to expect and encourage them to make the leap - it's more likely that the posts will appear on Google than via the official site, and any encouragement I can offer to someone thinking of signing up to the trip is worth a broken finger nail from typing.

So sit back, relax, and suppress the uneasy feeling that you've heard all of what is about to unfold somewhere before....

No comments:

Post a Comment